One of the ancient inventions of Mesopotamia was the sailboat. The Mesopotamians wanted more out of the two rivers (tigris and euphrates) which resulted in irrigation and sailboats. With sailboats the Mesopotamians could put nets in the middle of the rivers or canals much more easily which would get more fish to add to a surplus of food being brought in by irrigation. Early sailboats probably weren't as complicated as modern sailboats, but the whole idea was a great step forward in history. The sailboats made it possible to trade with countries much further away. It also made possible the bringing of more fish which could be traded or eaten by the lucky fisherman. The sailboat is a very important invention of Mesopotamia.
Bibliography:
Mesopotamia. (2005). Retrieved from http://ablemedia.com/ctcweb/consortium/vammesopotamia5.html
Here is a representation of what these boats looked like.

Nice Write Up!
ReplyDeleteGreat post!! Thanks for telling us about the boat and how it was used back then! :)
ReplyDeleteGood job on this write up!
ReplyDeleteInteresting, I did irrigation but I didn't know about the sailboats.
ReplyDeleteGood job! I really enjoyed reading your writing. :)
ReplyDeleteTAMATA SOBEY FUNG YA MATA PEE BAKA YA RA BAKA ICHIGO KONO YA RO
ReplyDelete